Lemon Blueberry Quick Bread
|October 4, 2012||Filled under Recipes: Biscuits, Muffins, Bread, Recipes: Uses for Friendship Starter||
Here’s the first recipe I made with my Friendship Bread starter. The bread remained soft and moist for the almost week it took it to be eaten. Even when the leftovers were stored in the refrigerator they didn’t dry out. Each slice tasted like it had just been freshly made when we warmed pieces in the microwave for 20 seconds. Give this quick bread a try. You won’t be sorry!
- 1 cup of Friendship Bread Starter mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 small box of lemon instant pudding
- 1 to 1½ cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease a 13 X 8 pan or 2 - 8 X 8 pans.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the friendship bread starter, eggs, oil, milk and extracts.
- In another bowl combine the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl containing the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the pan (or divide evenly between pans if using 8 X 8 pans) and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- If using 8 X 8 pans bake 30 to 40 minutes checking to see if done.
- Remove from oven, cool and enjoy!